Bite reclamation, also known as occlusal adjustment, is a cosmetic dentistry procedure that aims to correct the height of a patient’s teeth in relation to their bite. This can help you achieve an aesthetically pleasing smile you love and feel confident in. if you have any questions about bite reclamation in Miami, Florida, give Smiles & Sonrisas Family Dentistry a call at 305-665-5525. We will get you scheduled with our dentists, Dr. Jose M. Gurevich, Dr. Eduardo P. Guzman or Dr. Gabriela E. Gurevich.
Are you waking up with a sore jaw or experiencing discomfort when you bite and chew? These symptoms could be signaling the need for a bite reclamation procedure, also sometimes referred to as occlusal adjustment. This straightforward dental procedure is designed to correct the alignment of your bite, addressing a range of issues that may be causing discomfort and dental problems.
Common indicators that you might require a bite reclamation include:
- Chronic Jaw Pain:Consistent jaw pain can be a clear indication of an imbalanced bite.
- Uneven or Excessive Tooth Wear:If your teeth are wearing down unevenly or excessively, it may be due to an irregular bite.
- Erosion of Tooth Enamel:This may occur due to grinding and clenching, acid reflux, natural long-term abrasion or other health issues.
- Chipped or Cracked Teeth:An uneven bite can lead to increased stress on certain teeth, making them more susceptible to damage.
- Frequent Headaches and Migraines:Bite misalignment can contribute to tension headaches and migraines.
- Feeling of an Occasional Lopsided Bite:If you sense that your bite does not feel quite right when you chew, it is worth investigating as it may be a sign of a TMJ disorder.
Various factors can contribute to an imbalanced bite, including loose teeth, shifting teeth, overcrowding, missing teeth or irregularly shaped teeth. Our experienced dentists can perform a bite reclamation by eliminating any interferences that lead to an uneven bite, ultimately alleviating discomfort and dental issues.
The procedure typically involves minor adjustments to the tooth enamel, which is the hard, outer layer of the tooth. Since the enamel lacks sensitivity, patients generally experience minimal discomfort during the process, and it usually does not require anesthesia. Common treatments involved in bite reclamation include dental bonding, dental fillings and cosmetic tooth contouring. Our dentists will examine your teeth and discuss your health and lifestyle factors to determine the cause of your tooth erosion and bite problems before determining which type of treatment will be most beneficial to you.
If you are dealing with jaw pain, or suspect your bite may be misaligned, we encourage you to reach out to our dental office today. Our team is here to provide you with personalized care and help you achieve a more comfortable and healthy bite. Contact us to schedule your next appointment and discuss your concerns with our skilled professionals.